Meet Dr. Alejandro Lopez
Choosing the right bariatric surgeon to perform your weight loss surgery can be one of the most important decisions you may ever make.
Surgery performed by Dr. Alejandro Lopez at Alo Bariatrics in Tijuana, Mexico can give you the results you desire at an affordable cost.
Why do thousands of patients from around the world come to Dr. Lopez for safe, advanced, and effective weight loss surgery?
Our Patient Amanda Talks about Her Experience
A Personal Message from Dr. Lopez
“I know that my vast clinical experience and my training will allow me to provide optimal care for my patients. I like to believe that my patients are among my family members and I would like my family members to be treated with respect, dignity and love…” Dr. Alejandro Lopez - Medical Director of ALO Bariatrics, Tijuana, Mexico
Five Reasons Dr. Lopez Should Perform Your Bariatric Surgery
Highly Trained & Educated
Dr. Lopez received years of specialized bariatric surgery fellowship training at prestigious institutions like Cook County Hospital in Chicago and National Western Medical Center in Guadalajara.
Dr. Lopez is certified by the Mexican College of Surgery for Obesity and Metabolic Diseases. He passed a rigorous exam given by a distinguished board of doctors to achieve this distinction.
Dr. Lopez uses the latest weight loss surgery techniques, including minimally-invasive laparoscopic surgery, which results in shorter recovery times with less scarring.
Dr. Lopez has performed over 7,000 bariatric surgeries, including gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy, and revision surgery.
You’re treated like family when working with Dr. Lopez. He expertly creates personalized pre- and post-operative treatment plans for our patients, with safety and comfort as priorities.
Praise for Dr. Lopez from Satisfied Patients
I highly recommend the team at ALO Bariatrics. Sandra is amazing at providing details and ensuring you are their #1 priority. Dr Lopez is a gifted surgeon with vast experience in bariatric procedures. The Tijuana facilities are clean, safe, well staffed and dedicated to protecting the patients’ dignity and care. If you are thinking about weight loss surgery as a health or cosmetic option, ALO should be your choice.View On Google
I would recommend this practice go anyone seeking bariatric surgery. Dr. Lopez and the hospital staff at Hospital Guadalajara were great, and my coordinator Sandra was awesome. I felt safe the entire time and the hotel staff at the Marriott provided the best service Ive ever had at a hotel. No regrets here.View On Google
Dr. Lopez’s Prestigious Affiliations
Come to ALO Bariatrics through Medical Tourism
- Dr. Lopez sees numerous bariatric surgery patients from outside of Mexico through medical tourism. These patients seek safe, highly advanced, and affordable procedures in a vacation-like setting.
- On average, weight loss procedures performed at ALO Bariatrics’ world-class partner hospitals in Tijuana, Guadalajara, and Puerto Vallarta, can cost 80-percent less than in the United States or other countries.
- Dr. Lopez operates at all three ALO Bariatrics locations. Our Tijuana location, Hospital Guadalajara, is located a short, chauffeured drive south of San Diego’s international airport.
Typical Procedure Costs
|Location||Gastric Sleeve||Gastric Bypass||Duodenal Switch||LAP-BAND|
|Guadalajara - Puerta de Hierro||$4,700||$6,300||$7,300||$5,700|
We accept several forms of payment, and we also offer financing.
ALO Bariatrics’ Affordable Medical Tourism Packages
These amenities and more are included in your bariatric surgery fee:
- Dr. Lopez’s fee and your anesthesiologist costs
- Round trip airport chauffeur service
- Hospital stay
- Lodging in luxurious hotels in relaxing tourism destinations
- Lab exams, x-rays, and operation prep
- Prescription meds
- Certified nursing care
- Certified nutritionist consultation